Vietnamese women are classy, elegant, very feminine, and quite fond of dating to even marrying a foreigner. They are educated, love to explore, meet new people, and learn new languages and culture.
By nature, Vietnamese women are a pleasure to spend time with, bond, create memories, and absolutely adore family.
In comparison to other Asian nations and cultures, if you’re looking for an especially sweet, humble, and loving woman then Vietnam is the perfect place to start!
Let’s explore 10 Must Know Dating Tips for dating a Vietnamese woman, how to represent yourself, please her, and enjoy a positive, loving, and meaningful relationship together!
1. For starters, when in Vietnam – or using online dating and social media sites – you must be prepared, or at least practice making the first move.
This can be as simple as a “Hello”, or the first message you send to your woman of interest. You might be surprised – and pleased – at how receptive, and interested they’ll be in you because you’re both a foreigner, and speak English.
2. When going out on your first few dates, or even just meeting a Vietnamese woman or friend, don’t be surprised if she asks you about your marriage status, age, and even income.
This isn’t so much as them trying to be “newsy”, as it is getting to know you, your accomplishments, and measuring your possible stability as a boyfriend and one day provider to her and a family – i.e. husband.
This is also traditional for Vietnamese couples to do with one another, so don’t feel like you’re being given any form of unwanted “special treatment”.
3. You will notice may it be online or in person, that when dating a Vietnamese woman she – as well as her friends – are likely to ask questions in a negative form. Such as “You aren’t working today, are you?”, and in this case, should you have work, the answer would be “Yes”.
This, along with practicing and studying Vietnamese will go a long way to the potential success of not only meeting and dating women, but also ‘fitting in’ and living a happy life here should you decide to stay and marry.
4. Vietnamese people – both men and women – have a special love, affection, and respect for the elderly. Therefore, do not be surprised, nor hesitate yourself to pull out the chair for, offer to hold the hand of to cross the street, or hold up an elderly person in distress if you see them – even if you’re a foreigner.
This will not only get you “brownie points”, but more importantly speaks numbers to your character, and heart as a human being. Also, you’re not the only one who will be doing this, so you’ll be fitting in just fine.
5. You’ll notice when chatting with online, and especially visiting Vietnam that Vietnamese women absolutely adore children, and it’s not unusual for your date or Vietnamese girlfriend to randomly stop places to play with a child, even if it’s just giving goofy faces.
So, if you love children, then all the better in your journey to date Vietnamese women and potentially find your other half.
6. You will learn while dating Vietnamese women that it’s not uncommon for them to smile after becoming aware of or being told that they’ve made a mistake.
Remain patient, and try not to become irritated or angry with this, as it’s a relatively modest, and humble way of them being embarrassed, and not really knowing how to socially react.
Vietnamese women are very shy, and it’s not uncommon for them to smile, laugh, and play with their hair a lot – or even blush – when they’re talking with someone they like or are nervous.
7. If you’re out on a date with your Vietnamese girlfriend try to ensure you talk slowly, and that she understands you – especially if she doesn’t fluently speak English. Again Vietnamese women are very shy and modest, so she may shake her head or pretend to understand you when she really doesn’t.
8. When you’re invited to your Vietnamese girlfriend or dates home, if they offer you the opportunity to wash your face or “shower”, don’t take offense.
We know this is unusual and might even be insulting at first, but this is actually a sign of welcoming you into their home, and showing you that what’s theirs is yours, quite the compliment really. This is also a very good sign, so again, patience is a virtue, and no, cultural adaption is no easy feat’.
9. Vietnamese absolutely love to cook and eat with their loved ones. You’ll learn with your Vietnamese girlfriend that they also love to please their man, as well as accommodate guests or visitors to dinner.
Therefore, if and when you’re ever invited to a dinner at her family’s house, make sure you leave lots of room, an empty belly, and prepare to be fed until you pop!
If and when you are done eating, or cannot possibly eat one more thing, simply flip your bowl upside down to tactfully communicate that you are full to your host. They also love to share and taste food together, so this might take some getting used to.
Basically, you’ll be given a bowl, chopsticks, or regular silverware and out of the many plates and bowls of food on the table, you will have the opportunity to taste and share your opinion of each one together.
10. Last but not least, Vietnamese women are very modest, classy, and raised in a traditional culture. This means that they do not wear revealing clothes (Look up “Traditional Vietnamese Long Dress”), and in nearly every occasion you should dress to either dress casual or dress formal standards – never shorts, sandals, or other clothes and footwear that reveal your skin or come off as too “lax”.
Most importantly, don’t ever stereotype, seriously. This is a huge problem, and can make your experience miserable, and effect you with any woman in any country that you’re dating.
In fact, if it isn’t already, make it your rule of thumb. Immerse yourself in the culture, date a woman, get to know the people, and then judge for yourself what’s true and what isn’t.